SICILY urbexVILLAS & ANCIENT BUILDINGS

The Princes’ palace

By November 5, 2019 No Comments

This villa was built in the second half of 1600. An imposing structure surrounded by a vast garden, now impassable, it contains small treasures inside.

Son of fishermen, initiated to the art of sculpture Giovanni Battista Tassara developed a progressive idea that prompted him to enlist at the shipment of the Thousand. In 1876 the sculptor was commissioned to build the monumental tomb of Vincenzo Bellini inside the Cathedral of Catania.

Probably the artist, during the period of construction of the monumental tomb, lodged in one of the many rooms of this villa currently abandoned residence of the prince of the place. We assume that at the end of the construction of the monumental work, the artist has given the prince the sculpture that we find now beheaded inside the building.

complete gallery

No votes yet.
Please wait...
Liotrum
Liotrum
Liotrum is a project born from the passion for photography and exploration. They are three Sicilians, lifelong friends with the same interest: to rediscover time through forgotten, abandoned, destroyed places, in one word, urban exploration. Last but not least Cristiano La Mantia is our instagram leader.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.